Concours Auto Salon’s “October Car Of The Month” is this stunning orange 1973 Porsche 911.
The orange color really ties in with the pumpkin theme this month.
The owner brought the car to us in really great condition. He wasn’t looking for a full detail like most of our customers but wanted a general clean up with a good hand waxing. He was going to show the car at the local “Cars And Coffee” held in the Vineyard shopping center on Blanco and 1604. He felt that a little extra shine from Concours Auto Salon would really help the car show well.
Concours Auto Salon washed the entire vehicle with Optimum’s No Rinse washing system. Applied a special hand glaze and finally hand applied Zymol Concours paste wax. These two products were applied over the entire vehicle including the door jambs as well as under the front trunk and engine cover. All the chrome was polished with Optimum Metal Polish and tires were dressed with Optimum Tire Shine.
All that was necessary for the interior was a good vacuum and a wipe down of all the hard and soft surfaces.
The specs for the Carrera are as follows.
- 1973 T Non Sunroof Coupe
- Factory Tangerine color (2323)
- 2.7 Mechanical Fuel injected RS spec Motor (7R case) with RS MFI Pump
- 4 Factory 911 R wheels just refinished in original 911R livery with new rubber
- Gearbox built by Jeff Gamroth with Quaiff LSD with Wevo shifter
- Bilstein HD shocks with 21mm front and 27 mm rear drilled torsion bars
- Upgraded SC brakes with cool kit and all new pads
- Interior contains RS Lightweight style carpet and door panels with ST seats, vinyl with cord inserts
- 10K tach with Momo steering wheel with correct (vintage) Momo hub
- Refinished perfect hood crest
The fact that this Porsche has an RS 6 cylinder motor with working mechanical fuel injection sets it apart from regular Porsche’s from 1973 and the European bumpers give it a really clean look.
All of us at Concours Auto Salon would like to thank the owner for allowing and trusting us to work on his vehicle.